Sunday, February 26, 2012

The BIG Secret...My Peanut!!!

So I can finally share the amazing news.....my best friend and her hubby are expecting!  We are so excited for Kellie and Jason!  What amazing parents they are going to be!!!

So...for several days weeks....Kellie wouldn't answer my phone calls, but she would text me.  After a while I began to get suspicious!  Let me give you a little background knowledge on this....when Jason decided to propose to Kel, he asked if I wanted to come and of course I said yes. There was one condition...I COULDN'T talk to Kellie!  I don't know how I made it for several weeks without talking to her, but I did!  Kellie had planned on going home for the weekend and we had talked about going, but Caleigh had been under the weather and I didn't want to risk it getting worse.  We decided to stay home and not head to the double R that weekend.  So, one Thursday morning on February 2nd, I texted Kel and said, "You must have a secret to tell me cause you won't talk to me! ;)."  We setup a Skype date for Friday and I thought that Mama Sue and Kel just wanted to see Caleigh, but this is what I saw in the screen shot....
Kel...don't kill me for this!
I couldn't believe what I saw and had to ask what is it?!  Then she said, well what do you think it is and I said, "a ONESIE?!?!?!?!"  And for the rest of the weekend all I could say was MY BEST FRIENDS PREGNANT!!!! I'm sure John was tired of me talking about it, but I just couldn't help being so excited for them! 

I was talking about Baby Alford and decided that their nickname was going to be Peanut!  It just flowed so well AND Kel's nickname growing up was Goober, so I knew the Peanut would fit in perfectly!  I am so anxious to meet my little Peanut and shower them with love!!!

It seemed liked everywhere I went that weekend was something that reminded me of her.  For example...


I am so blessed to have her in my life and I just can't wait to see her as a mom!  She is going to be an absolutely amazing mommy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment