Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm totally not good at this!

I don't know why, but I can't seem to keep caught up with this blog!  I guess I'll just have to make it one of the "chores" of Saturday morning!  Caleigh is getting to be such a big girl!  I can't believe how much she has grown and learned in the past two months!  She has eaten avocado, banana, sweet potato, and green beans. She LOVES her avocado and sweet potato, but she isn't too sure about the green beans.  I really do enjoy making her food for her.  I love being able to provide good food for her.  I hope that one day I will be able to teach her good eating habits, unlike the ones I have.  These bad habits weren't horrible until I quit playing ball.  I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth EVER!  When I was pregnant, I gave in easier to my sweet addiction and now that I am not preggo, I am often in an awful predicament!  Oh well...like my dad always says...Do as I say, Not as I do!  :)

We have had such a busy couple of weeks!  Caleigh is sitting better than ever and is loving her Baby Einstein jumper.  She will stand up as long as she has something to hold onto, but she still dislikes being on her tummy.  She doesn't even roll as much as she was because she loves to be standing or sitting up!  I think I'm going to have to just toughin' up and let her cry it out.  I know it's going to be EXTREMELY difficult! 

Cal had her 6 month appointment a couple days ago and of course those pesky ole shots had to come out!  She handled it like a pro and cried for a little bit, then she was done!  She weight 17.5 pounds and was 28 inches long!  Her height was in the 99th percentile for height for her age!  One of two things are going to happen... 1. she's growing fast now and it will eventually stop or 2. my next one will be a shorty like me!  If the next one is a boy, I hope the later isn't what occurs.  :) 


We celebrated John's 30th birthday with a Stock the Bar at his parents' house (thanks again Mama and Papa)!  We ate, talked, shot guns, and shot skeet.  Yes, for the first time I shot a gun (other than a bb gun!).  I enjoyed it more than I EVER expected!  One of my gifts to John for his birthday was that I was going to take him to the range, but he decided this would be the perfect day for it!  I am so glad that I tried something new with my sweet hubby! 

John's Birthday Cake
 So, I got a 1.5% one time pay increase at work in December and decided to get new carpet in the living room.  Before there wasn't even a much of a pad and the carpet was EXTREMELY cheap, so after talking it over with John, we decided to put new carpet in the living room (originally I wanted new doors for the house). It was more important for Caleigh to have nice carpet and padding in the living room because she was starting to sit more and soon she will be crawling/walking. We absolutely love having the new carpet. Maybe one day, we can finish the rest of the house!! :)


 One beautiful day, the three of us went to The Woodlands to have lunch with Char and Mama Joe Ann!  We had such a great time! I hate that so much time goes before we see each other!  How I wish that the weekend was longer!!!









The Valentine Caleigh "made" us!




No comments:

Post a Comment