Monday, October 10, 2011

Ten Months of Pregnancy

Well...I had a fairly easy pregnancy and cannot complain one bit! The summer months were pretty brutal with temperatures in the 100's for the majority of the time, but luckily I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything! Scout an I walked just about every day during the week to keep me active and not lazy! It helped with the weight gain until the last month and then I lost my self-control...those ice cream snickers bars were just too yummy and I couldn't resist!

John and I went to Galveston to celebrate our Anni-Moon (anniversary and baby moon) and we had a great time! We ate ice cream, had an awesome massage, toured Bishop's Palace, walked The Strand (went to the candy factory of course!) and just relaxed! It was definitely a needed trip!!!

We had two showers and they were amazing! I...I mean we have some amazing friends and family! We definitely felt the love from those closest to us! :) We received some amazing gifts for the little one and books galore! Can I mentioned we've read everyone to her already!!! :)

During the two sonograms, we were anxious and hoping there wouldn't be a slip up and they show/tell us what the sex of the baby was. We were so relived to see our little bleasing's heart beat and features each time!! We went in complaining about the cost of it to saying this was the best money we'd ever spent (little did we know the hospital bill was the best!!). We saw a little bottom and chubby cheeks and it constantly reminded me of her Pops! If you don't know the mooning story...it won't make sense! It was such a relief to count ten fingers and ten toes!!!! In the end, we didn't take our last opportunity to find out the sex and there were no slip-ups! We were happy about that, but I think we were the only two that were!

As the school year quickly approached, panic set in because I couldn't setup my classroom by myself! A wonderful friend, Carly, came to the rescue!!! She graciously helped me move furniture and hang things on the wall! Man I wouldn't have made it without her! E got my room setup in ONE day!!! Normally it takes me weeks! So I told Carly she must come every year to help! :). Getting that accomplished was such a stress relief!!

We continued to wonder how Scout would handle the new addition to our family! Mainly because he is used to being our little baby and now it was time for him to become a big brother!

We anxiously, nervously, and impatiently (well I was the last one) for our little tadpole to arrive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment